Thursday, November 6, 2014

From The Inside Out - To you, O my strength, I will sing praises for God is my defense, My God of Mercy

There are a few songs were the words, the music and the song's arrangement just fit so very well together. These songs lead to true worship and longing for true understanding.  The song "From the Inside Out", sometime known as "Everlasting", is a wonderful song about God's mercy and grace.  It is a great song about personal worship, love, and praise.

"A thousand times I've failed still your mercy remains and should I stumble again still I'm caught in your grace."

From The Inside Out 

Song Writer:  Joel Houston   Song Story: Worship Together Interview  Song: Video

Scripture Reference: Isaiah 60:19  The sun shall no longer be your light by day, nor for brightness shall the moon give light to you by night; but the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory.

The bible contains many examples of God's love and grace, the following are just a few.

Psalm 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever. 

Psalm 31:7 I will be glad and rejoice in Your mercy, For You have considered my trouble; You have known my soul in adversities,

Psalm 59:17 To You, O my Strength, I will sing praises; For God is my defense, My God of mercy.

Micah 7:18 Who is a God like You, Pardoning iniquity And passing over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He does not retain His anger forever, Because He delights in mercy.

Matthew 9:12-14 When Jesus heard that, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. 13 But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’[a] For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.”

2 John 1:3 Grace, mercy, and peace will be with you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

More information on the song and writer:  SongScoops



No comments:

Post a Comment